Based in the Rhône-Alpes region, 70 km south of Lyon (at Davézieux), VOLTEIS® has an experienced team endowed with skills that are vital for the manufacturing and marketing of electric vehicles.
The first 4X4 vehicles were developed and certified in 2008 and SCVE was in charge of marketing them.
- Jully 2009: ELECTRIC CAR, owner of VOLTEIS®, was established by private investors. It took over the business and management of part of the assets.
- February 2010: Certification of the newer vehicles under the VOLTEIS® brand.
- March 2010: Delivery of the vehicles under the VOLTEIS® brand name.
- June 2010: The VOLTEIS® electric vehicles have received approval from the ADEME (Agence de l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise d’Energie – Environmental and Energy Saving Agency) and enjoy a purchase premium worth (€ 2000) available to all private, professional or institutional users.
- December 2010: 70 VOLTEIS® vehicles were delivered in 2010. Its network has branched out to 25 dealers in France and its overseas territories (Reunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyana and Saint-Barthelemy) as well as importers based in Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland and Germany.
- February 2011 : ELECTRIC CAR has recapitalized with 1.2 million Euros from JTF - FRAPPA, its prime shareholder, along with private investment funds contributed of Avenport Investment.
- May 2011: Launch of VOLTEIS® X4 VS2. The new development was contributed by feedback from users and dealers concerning the possible areas of improvement to benefit the first model. A dedicated team worked for 6 months in order to produce the best new features while maintaining the strengths of the basic design and advantages which have turned VOLTEIS® vehicles into a success.